Nov 18 NCAA Matchup: Penn State vs Rutgers - Odds & Predictions
Rutgers Scarlet Knights: Recent Form
Rutgers, with a 6-4 overall record, has been somewhat inconsistent this season. Their recent games have seen mixed results:
- Lost against Iowa (0-22) - Offensive struggles were apparent.
- Defeat against Ohio State (16-35) - Managed to put up a decent offensive showing.
- Victory over Indiana (31-14) - Showed strong offensive capabilities.
- Narrow win against Michigan State (27-24) - A competitive game reflecting their resilience.
- Lost to Wisconsin (13-24) - Struggled against a tough defense.
Penn State Nittany Lions: Season Highlights
Penn State's 8-2 record reflects their strength this season, with notable performances:
- Recent loss to Michigan (15-24) - A close game against a tough opponent.
- Impressive win against Maryland (51-15) - Dominant offensive display.
- Handled Indiana comfortably (33-24) - Consistent performance on both sides of the ball.
- Narrow loss to Ohio State (12-20) - A hard-fought game showing their competitive edge.
- Dominant win over UMass (63-0) - Displayed overwhelming offensive power.
Top Five Reasons to Bet on the Under
- Defensive Strength of Penn State: Averaging only 13.10 points allowed per game, their defense is likely to limit Rutgers' scoring opportunities.
- Rutgers' Offensive Struggles: Rutgers has had difficulty in scoring against stronger defenses, as seen in their recent games.
- Historical Under Trend: In the last nine head-to-head matchups, the total has gone under eight times.
- Low Yards Per Play Differential: Rutgers' offense has a lower yards per pass and rush differential, which might limit their big-play ability.
- Penn State's Controlled Offense: Despite their high scoring, Penn State's efficient offense often controls the clock, which can limit the total number of scoring drives.
Penn State Nittany Lions at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Free CFB Pick
As mentioned, the Scarlett Knights have struggled to put up puts against a high-level defense, amassing seven versus Michigan, 13 vs. Wisconsin, 16 versus Ohio State, and zero against Iowa. The Nittany Lions have many top-30 defensive rankings and are top five in total yards, yards a play, rush yards, and yards per rush. Take the Under